5* aha Makalali Private Game Lodge - Near Kruger National Park Holiday Package (2 Nights)
Hoedspruit , South Africa
NEAR KRUGER NATIONAL PARK: aha Makalali Private Game Reserve is located west of the Kruger National Park to offer guests an ethnic-style retreat within 26 000 hectares of bushveld in the North-eastern Lowveld. You can look forward to spotting the Big 5 as well as the cheetah, wild dog, giraffe, zebra and kudu.;
- Situated on a 26 000 hectare conservancy in the Hoedspruit region, west of the famous Kruger National Park, in the Limpopo province of South Africa and close to the Drakensberg Mountains, lays the breathtaking Makalali. A place where the echoes of Africa are everywhere. With its thatched spires and earthy walls, ancient mystical ornaments and Pan African cuisine. Here you're surrounded by the untamed bushveld and yet cosseted by the warmth of our service and all the comforts of a truly unique resort.
- SELF-DRIVE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 2 Nights' accommodation at the 5* aha Makalali Private Game Lodge (Main Lodge) in a Superior Suite
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily
- 2 Game drives daily
- WHY WE LOVE IT:
- - Located west of the Kruger National Park
- - Encapsulates the spirit of Africa with its warm, traditional hospitality and its breathtaking location
- - Surrounded by the untamed bushveld
- - Considered one of the leading pioneers in ecotourism in South Africa
- - Perfect for romantic getaways and private dinners
- - Big 5
- Self Drive : R 4560
Valid for travel
- From: Monday, 30 October 2023
- Until: Thursday, 02 May 2024
- Sunday, 28 April 2024
aha Makalali Private Game Lodge - Main Lodge
The lodge's central area is strikingly designed with rustic structures that effortlessly redirects outside elements indoor. It also features a chic library; a quiet space to reflect or retreat with a book. Guests can enjoy an array of African cuisine in the main dining area, with its characteristic dual aspect fireplace that connects the bar lounge and dining area; perfect for keeping the night chill at bay and enjoying an intimate dinner.
The outside area is distinctively designed around the natural surrounds with a spacious deck area built around indigenous trees, overlooking a watering hole. It's the ideal place to see wildlife interact and take in the scenery. Equally spectacular is the large crystal blue rim flow pool. Its comfy chairs and sun-loungers create an inviting ambience, paired with a signature Makalali drink, it concludes the day beautifully.
Makalali Private Game Reserve is located west of the Kruger Park, this ethnic bush retreat lies on 26 000 hectares of bushveld in the North-eastern Lowveld, South Africa. Makalali Game Reserve boasts the 'Big Five' - lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. Other characteristic species are cheetah, wild dog, giraffe, zebra and kudu.
aha Makalali Main Lodge is a newly built 4 star lodge, comprising of 30 comfortably designed superior rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, with indoor and outdoor showers. The rooms are air-conditioned and feature luxurious interiors with classic leather and wood furnishings.
- Game Drives
- Health Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Gift Shop
- Laundry Service
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Standard Room Service
Hotel Room Amenities
- Air Conditioning
- Balcony - Private
- Ensuite Bathroom
- High Speed Internet Access
Valid for SADC Residents & Midweek stays only. A weekend supplement of R450 per person per night applies BLOCK OUT DATES: 15 Dec 2023 - 05 Jan 2024, 21 - 24 March 2024 & 29 March - 01 April 2024. Prices are from a starting price per person sharing, subject to change and availability. Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Group rates available on request. Thompsons Standard Terms and Conditions may apply. E & OE.